Mac & cheese is pretty much the ultimate comfort food, right? Well this recipe is about to blow your mind... High protein, dairy free AND guilt free!
Made by creating a delicious creamy cashew sauce from just a handful of ingredients, then mixed through our tasty Protein Pasta with some fresh lemon zest. Honestly, this one is even tastier than a full dairy mac and cheese!
Yes, the cashew cream sauce is tasty but our Protein Pasta 'Powered by Crickets' is actually life changing! Our revolutionary Protein Pasta is made with 10% Cricket Flour. All you have to do is plop it in a pot of boiling water with some salt, and voilà - high protein pasta, with all the benefits Cricket Flour, ready on your plate. All you have to do is pair it with your favourite recipes, and we have even taken the hard work out of that by giving you our precious, tasty recipes that are Tomorrow Foods approved!
Did you make this recipe?
Share your creations with us! Tag us in your photos with #tomorrowfoods
1 cup cashews, soaked
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
zest of 2 lemons
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
250g Tomorrow Foods Protein Pasta
1/2 cup frozen peas or beans (optional)
1. Place cashews in a medium bowl and pour in enough boiling water to cover. Allow to soak for 20 minutes and drain well.
2. Cook the Protein Pasta as per packet directions, adding frozen peas or beans 1 minute before the pasta is cooked to the desired texture. Drain, but reserve 1 cup pasta water.
3. In a large pan, heat oil and cook onion on medium heat until it becomes transparent but not browned. Add the garlic, lemon zest and drained cashews and cook for four minutes.
4. Transfer the mixture into a high powered blender with almond milk and lemon juice and blend until thick and creamy. You will notice the sound change when it’s ready! Season generously and blend to mix.
5. Combine pasta and peas with cashew cream mixture. Add a little pasta water to loosen the sauce if required.
6. Divide into bowls, garnish with lemon zest, fresh black pepper and herbs of your choosing. Any extra cashew cream sauce can be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for longer.
Any questions? Please ask below so other readers who might have the same question can see our response!
|Average quantity:||per serve|